Hong Kong Lingdu Temple
Lingdu Temple is the earliest temple in Hong Kong, the birthplace of Buddhism in Hong Kong. Located on the west side of Yuen Ha Tsuen, Hong Kong. Founded in the Eastern Jin Dynasty, according to legend Liang Dynasty Zen Master Huadu stay here and named. Lingdu Temple is one of the three ancient temples of Hong Kong's historical record. It is located in Lingdu Mountain Valley, Yuen Mun, New Territories. This mountain also known as the bulk of the first, like the tiger's head, mountain odd male. And Lingdu to the location, flow of trees, wild flowers, quiet and elegant, in which the feeling of their own pure land between the Pure Land.
According to legend, Lingdu Temple was built in the Tang Dynasty, but also said that was built during the Northern and Southern Dynasties. According to the "Guangdong archaeological series to - release the old chapter" and "Baoan County Zhi - character slightly" contained in the Northern and Southern Dynasties Yuan Xi early years (424 - 430), the cup to Zen Master to the cup crossing the sea, (That is, today's Castle), and later to a few miles outside the Loudu mountain to create Lingdu Temple, the site than the current location of the monastery is slightly higher, Song and Ming dynasties are repaired and rebuilt several times. According to the information contained in the Qing Dynasty Daoguang twenty years (1840) rebuilt, the temple will be slightly down to the current location of the monastery, to Xianfeng eleven years (1861) and rebuilt in 1928 and then rebuilt. The temple is now seen in 1970 by the villagers of the village, the province after the construction of the shape. At that time, the Immigration of the Master of the New Territories, Mr Lau Tien-ting,
Because of the mountain here Xiao Hu, where the temple is where the tiger, Reiki clock, so after the construction in 1970, the temple has been transferred to the temple on the left side of the main hall, the original is the main hall door frame, The walls are vaguely visible. At present, there are golden statues in the main hall, the villagers to incense and fruit worship. On both sides of the Buddhist temple and rooms, in the open-air light blossom, in front of Wei Bao Bao Dian, on the left for the Guan Di Bao, worship the Emperor, the right side of the pure Yang Bao Temple, dedicated to Lu Zu, showing the monastery was once The Taoist temple. The whole monastery area is small, but the facilities are readily available, but also by the door to enter, through a rounded arches of the building, quiet and simple, pure net out of the temple.
As Lingdu Temple has a long history, the ground hanging a lot of great historical value and value of the name of the Union. The main entrance of the couplet for the marble carved, the word "Reiki Hill Hill alone show, crossing the cup and still fresh stone." It is related to the origin of the temple (now Castle Peak Temple). In the two into the arches, the Qing Dynasty champion Liang Yao Shu's title: "Road from this into", in addition, the temple in front of a lot of right. As for the main hall of the right side of the wall, there are three years Guangxu Township, Deng Huilin set up the "father pet Rong Gong anecdotal" stone carving, to celebrate the Buddha, extremely efficacious, Purdue beings, More and more life and death.
Lingdu Temple since the 50's, served by the Master Pu Pu, calendar over forty years. In 1994 the hands of the prince. It is now guarded by the villagers appointed by the villagers and served the incense, the holiday to this tourist also has a lot of people scheduled lunch dishes. Temple outside the mountain slope, showing a hundred years Cang Song, thousands of bamboo set off, flowing on both sides of the red monastery down the temple and the temple before the open space, is still visible vegetable fields. It is said that the stream next to the temple, there was a spring water, the old known as the cup crossing, but after the gravel filled, wells have been seen, but there are still spring water infiltration. The temple is boiled with spring cooking tea, tea fragrance Gan Lie, visitors at this point, in addition to the incense Buddha, enjoy Qi feast, the tea does not forget the tea Qingxi, when the vulgar can be extinguished.
Location: Hong Kong Yuen Long District West Village on the west side of the mountain on the mountain.
Bus line: take the MTR bus k75p, k75 road, KMB 53 road to the new village and get off again.